The last Saturday of YALP

The group is off consulting one another about the future of young adults at Woodbrooke, and I am hanging out in the Garden Lounge. I don't really have anything to say.

A Saturday alone in a pretty place with a load of food and some random Norwegian music is probably what I need.

Woodbrooke is infamous for piling on the pounds. You could easily have three full meals and not do anything to compensate.

In the garden there is a labyrinth, the pond with the little boat, and the wooded area. It does look like a little piece of paradise. I should have spent more time just sitting here tapping away at a lap top. The course sessions were good, but I wasn't really in the right place to listen to ideas and theories about the early friends, and where Quakerism is going now.

At least I had some perspective on where I am going with all this spiritual journey business. I don't think I set out to find God, I just needed a place where questioning was acceptable. I thought the day before the funeral that perhaps my seeking was done, and in a sense it is. I know perhaps I will never have a firm answer or closure on the metaphysical, but I attempt to be a good person and live a good life. I don't know if it is enough, but it is what it is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song of the Sea Lisa Hannigan Lyrics

Stuck on the Artist's Way

The Freud Museum