Contemplating the Artist's Way (again)

So as a leaving present, my colleague actually gave me a copy of her own version of the 'The Artist's Way'. Is it time to try again? I am always saying how I should be more creative etc. I don't' really know the answer to that one. I have 'The Prosperous Heart' to get through at some stage.

I keep replaying in my mind the day the writing tutor taught me that writing could be a means by which we communicate with the divine, and that I was just a writer, and that is basically who I was. The world just opened up to me that day, it was such a deep experience, standing beside the lake in Woodbrooke.

I haven't finished the book, 'F*ck It,' perhaps because I would rather be reading Thomas Moore's, 'Care of the Soul.' I feel in need of a book which speaks to me on a deeper level, and lets me roll around there for a time.

Post the end of my internship, I contemplated going back to meeting on a Sunday. I haven't done anything about this possibility. I currently seem to be a lapsed Quaker attender. Perhaps that is the worst kind of spiritual person, I do not know.

All I know is when I got to Steyning, I needed along time by myself, and it has been really good for me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Song of the Sea Lisa Hannigan Lyrics

Stuck on the Artist's Way

The Freud Museum